Thursday, June 5, 2014

Do It Yourself: Skin-loving toners!

Hello Beauties! Today I wanted to go ahead and share with you guys my DIY recipes on my homemade toners.

I love making my own toners because I know what is on my skin and I get the opportunity to focus on what benefits I want without risking irritation and sticking to natural ingredients.
These are my favorite toners for my skin care, they are safe for use and completely organic!
 So let's get started shall we?


Green Tea Toner 



This is one of the easiest toners to make out of all of them and one of the most refreshing ones. You can even put some in a bottle to refresh your face with throughout the day! It's perfect for those hot summer days ♥

Ingredients:


  • Green Tea
  • Aloe Vera Juice and/or Honey
  • Non-volatile Oil ( I use Argan Oil, and a Vitamin E Oil mixture which contains coconut oil, soybean oil, and vitamin e oil ).


Instructions
I fill up my container of choice with green tea, adding either a spoon of Aloe Juice or Honey to the mixture. I add about 5 drops of non-volatile oils to it. Shake it up well before use!
You can keep this out but if you use Aloe Vera it is better to refrigerate it.
I usually use a dark container for this recipe, and keep it in the refrigerator until it's cold.  Because I use a dark container, I can keep it out on my vanity and it will continue to stay cool throughout the days! Great for de-puffing under your eyes as well ♥









Aloe Vera Juice Toner


If you want to save some time you can always buy organic Aloe Vera Juice from any health store or farmers market. It may be better as it has a long life span compared to getting it off the plant because they add preservatives to it.
I got mine off the plant since it was cheaper for me - so that's what I'll be discussing. Aloe Vera is also great for those with Acne because it does contain salicylic acid. Aloe Vera is a humectant and therefore you need to moisturize afterwards. You skin will feel taught - not tight using this and it's great for those pores!

Ingredients:


  • Aloe Vera
  • Water


Instructions
I took a leaf off my Aloe Vera Plant, went ahead and with a knife I sliced it opened.
You scoop out the Aloe inside with a knife, not a spoon (says my mother) because if you scoop out everything using a spoon it will be acidic.
After working on that for a couple of minutes, I threw the gooey sticky stuff into the blender and blended it until it became juicy.
We let it sit out for a while and went ahead and put it into a container to refrigerate.
A bit of water was added to completely the mixture ( you can also add some green tea ).

I recommend refrigerating this and I would say without refrigeration it has a shelf life of about 4-5 days; 2 weeks with.
Definitely don't make a lot like I did because it will smell bad!










Apple Cider Vinegar Toner


I do not recommend this for sensitive skin types. It may still burn and irritate your skin, but I prefer this over witch hazel any day!
ACV mimics the skins PH so it's great at balancing out your skins PH! 


Ingredients:

  • Apple Cider Vinegar ( Must be raw, organic, unfiltered, with the mother etc )
  • Water or Green Tea


Instructions
50/50 A.C.V and Green Tea or Water. I usually do 70/50 because my skin can be sensitive.









1 comment: