Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lorac 'I'm So Sensitive Soothing Face Primer' Review

Lorac Face Primer Review

2.5/5 Stars







A couple of weeks ago I purchased Lorac's I'm So Sensitive Soothing Face Primer. I had good expectations from Lorac so I expected this primer to work out in my favor. Lorac was having a clear out sale at Sephora, and this being the last primer on the shelf I expected so much more than what I got.

This primer feels like, a light weight moisturizer. It didn't feel like it could create a base for my foundation. I found that I had to shake the tube a bit before each use; leading me to question whether it had a longer shelf life than what I thought it could. 
I did enjoy the size of the tube. It was larger than what most face primers usually are which works well in my favor since I believe that for the price we pay some primers should bring a little more.

This primer labels itself as 'Fragrance free'. Which, infact it is not.  It contains Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract & Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract which are both fragrances. They are listed at the end of the ingredient list so they may not be enough for irritation, but it does make the product a little bit misleading.
At the near top of the ingredient list, it does contain Cetyl Alcohol which is highly comedogenic and irritating. It also contains Ethylhexyl Palmitate as the second ingredient on it's list, which is also moderately/highly comedogenic and mildly irritating. 

I did not pay to much attention to the ingredients, but unfortunately my skin did.

I know that this photo may make you think that I exaggerated. I can assure you.... this was taken a couple of days ago as I am not one to take pictures of my break outs.
 But now just take the one visible bump on my forehead and multiple it by 16. ( Yes I count my blemishes. ) They were all accumulating in that same general area where I concentrate the primer at. I literally believed I was developing hormonal acne. 



It took me awhile to register what was going on. My skin routine was the same, I was using my Luna, I was using a face primer which acts as barrier... what could possibly be breaking me out across my forehead? ( That's where I generally apply the primer the most as that's the driest part of my face. )
Until it finally did click that the primer had something to do with it, I ran straight to Beautypedia. It was given a good rating. So, next I went to my trusty cosdna cheat sheet site. The truth came forward.

I eliminated my face primer, and now my break out is gone. I guess this didn't work out so well for me in the end, and will probably go right back to my BareMinerals face primer and maybe one day indulge in Hour glass, Guerlain, or Laura Mercier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment