Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Skin Care Review: Indie Lee Squalane Oil

As a skin care enthusiast, I can't pass the opportunity and advantages of using oils in my routine.
I have tried several oils, including Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Argan Oil, Maracuja ( Passion fruit ) Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rosehip Oil, and Avocado. 
However, nothing takes the cake like Squalane Oil does. 



Squalane Oil is typically derived from either shark liver, olives, or sebum. Our body produces Squalane Oil naturally, overtime it begins to decline with age.

Squalane oil is loaded with antioxidants, skin repairing benefits which include cell turn over and anti-aging benefits. Squalane oil absorbs quickly into the skin so it's almost impossible to feel like an oil slick ( as opposed to coconut oil and several others ) leaving you with a nice luminous glow. 

I use it with my moisturizer and it works quite well. I did dry out my cheeks a bit as my moisturizer ( CeraVe cream ) is too heavy for my acne prone skin type and left me with occasional blemishes. I treated them with Diluted Tea Tree oil which eventually dried my skin and left it a bit flakey. The dryness only showed up with my foundation. 

I was impressed that it only took 2 days for my skin to feel soft again. While CeraVe works nice for my dry skin, I use the cream version as opposed to the Lotion. 
I did this because my moisture barrier was absolutely wrecked. 
Even though it is non-comedogenic, heavy moisturizers on acne prone skin can still cause comedogenic break outs. 

Pairing this with my Paulas Choice Vitamin C Booster serum yields such beautiful results. My skin tone is left even, looking better everyday. This is a new staple in my skin care routine as  a moisturizer with loaded benefits.

You can purchase the Squalane Oil I used here: http://www.beautylish.com/s/indie-lee-squalane-facial-oil





0 comments:

Post a Comment